The Keyless Defender chip
- suitable for 95% car keys (with battery CR2032, CR2025 or CR2450)
- very low power consumption (1uA), usually increases battery lifetime
- the surface coating of the chip assures higher resistance to mechanical and climatic conditions
- Disconnecting the key’s battery 3 minutes after the last movement of the key.
- Reactivating the key immediately after detecting movement.
- After the chip installation, the user can use the Keyless Go system without limitations.
- Remove the vehicle key battery according to the instructions of the vehicle manufacturer.
- Choose a suitable new battery, depending on the key type, see the photo on the cover of the packaging and slide on the chip, + pole of the battery on the chip part with electronics, see the photo.
- The correct operation is indicated by the red LED diode on the chip, which indicates the start and end of the movement, a maximum 1 minute after connecting to the battery.
- Insert the battery with the chip back into the key according to the photo on the packaging. Be careful not to damage the chip retaining strips and electronics.
- Close the key according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test the chip function regularly, leave the key in the vehicle without movement f for more than 3 minutes, then activate the ignition, the key will not be detected, moving the key will activate the chip and it will be possible to use the key again in a standard manner.
Volkswagen, Škoda, Seat
KD02 + CR2025
VW Touareg (right on the picture above):
Use battery CR2025 instead of CR2032.